cincinnati 20" standard shaper

geoffrey

Registered
Registered
i have the chance to pick this up for cheap, but, it has been out in the weather for a couple of years. anyone take on a project like this, and, in your opinion is it worth the effort?

Just get the beauty and work on it , most that were put out of the shops nothing was ever wrong with them. There built to outlast a bomb attack . Little cleaning and lubing and your set. I'd love to have it. If I ever get a chance ill have one. Good luck we need pictures lots of them.

the ONLY answer is YES, go and get that shaper. Many times what looks like surface rust is only dried oil and dirt. It should come off with some elbow grease generously applied to a cloth soaked in kerosene or diesel. Let us know when you get it and post some photos!

Geoffrey,
It appears that this is your second post here, Welcome aboard.
We love looking at pics, so if your having difficulties posting don't hesitate to ask.
Nearly everything Cincinnati makes is good equipment. Not overly complicated and built to last.

Welcom to HM, lots of knowledgeable folks here, wounder why someone left it out in the weather ?
i would try to find out why , and if it was operable when left out side , rust pits on the ways could be
an issue, was it tarped or anything to protect it from the elements .

We like pics hear , if using tapatalk search how to upload pics using tapatalk so we can see them.

i agree with the peanut gallery, GET IT and get to work! :grin:

I wouldn't be overly concerned that it was moved outside. Quality American iron/steel that most of these old machines were made from just seem to resist heavy rusting and pitting if they only have a bit of old oil or grease on them

Back