Cincinnati #4 Mill - $1500 (Lodi, CA)

Just curious how do you post the CL links showing the ad as more than just a link? Screen save and the posting that as a photo or something else?

It is a nice feature when posted for an unusual machine as it remains long after the ad is deleted.

That milling machine won’t be winning any beauty contests.

Just curious how do you post the CL links showing the ad as more than just a link? Screen save and the posting that as a photo or something else?

It is a nice feature when posted for an unusual machine as it remains long after the ad is deleted.

I do it because there is nothing more useless than a post with a link to a deleted ad.

If you're using a Windows PC, while viewing the ad press Ctrl-Alt-PrntScr. This captures the screen to the clipboard. Then start your post, click inside the message area, right-click and select paste. This will paste the screen capture into the message. There is no need to save the screen capture first. If you're using a Mac or phone, I have no idea.

I also like to use full-screen mode (selected from the options menu) to eliminate the address bar, tabs and taskbar from the capture.

Last edited:
I do it because there is nothing more useless than a post with a link to a deleted ad.

If you're using a Windows PC, while viewing the ad press Ctrl-Alt-PrntScr. This captures the screen to the clipboard. Then start your post, click inside the message area, right-click and select paste. This will paste the screen capture into the message. There is no need to save the screen capture first. If you're using a Mac or phone, I have no idea.

I also like to use full-screen mode (selected from the options menu) to eliminate the address bar, tabs and taskbar from the capture.

Ok, I had a feeling that is what you were doing, just wondering if I was missing an easier step. I agree it adds to the long term usefulness of the post.
I didn't think about the full screen option, that eliminates the need to edit that stuff out.

Back