Cincinnati Hydrashift Restoration

jmhoying

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Glad to see the Cincinnati forum. Just to get things started, I'll post some photos of my freshly restored 1960 Hydrashift 10x36. I've only used it on a few small projects, but it seems like a rock solid machine.
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

lathe50.jpg
lathe51.jpg

Beautifull job , your lathe is built to use and last a lifetime. A machine like thats a dream for most of us, Thanks

First real project on the Cincinnati lathe. I needed a new pulley for a band saw, so I made a new one last night (actually two nights). The lathe worked quite well.

Here is the original, and the chunk of mystery metal that I'm making the new one from.
pulley4.jpg

And here is the finished product.
pulley1.JPG

Jack

Awesome looking machine. Great job on the restoration, probably the fastest one I've seen yet. I plan to own a hydra shift one day.

Beautiful machine. I wish I had one in my garage.
I'm also glad to see that Cincinnati Machines now have their own forum.

Glad to see the Cincinnati forum. Just to get things started, I'll post some photos of my freshly restored 1960 Hydrashift 10x36. I've only used it on a few small projects, but it seems like a rock solid machine.
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

View attachment 129595
View attachment 129596
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

View attachment 129595
View attachment 129596

Nice job that is a fine looking lathe, love the color to, glad for you, don't get it dirty.

I used to run a Hydrashift in a machine shop back in another lifetime then I owned one for a while. Really good machine.

That is a very nice looking machine!
I like the tool holder rack as well. I might copy that if ya don't mind!

Back