Cincinnati radial arm drill

Okay thanks. Can you find a model number on the drill? If so maybe I can research it that way. I see you have it listed on PM also. Is the guy in Oklahoma going to get it?
Those are all the pics I have of the machine, let me see if I can find the model number. Will try to go back to the ranch later today, have a job coming at noon. The guy in Oklahoma that posted is in Enid, about a hundred or so miles from me. He has not said one way or another , only that he he may come by and look at it.

Bones

Okay thanks. Can you find a model number on the drill? If so maybe I can research it that way. I see you have it listed on PM also. Is the guy in Oklahoma going to get it?
I don’t have the model number, now. Will try to go to the ranch as soon as I can, have a job coming at noon today. So, not sure about today. The guy in Oklahoma has not contacted me , other than the first contact, saying he was interested. I think Cincinnati refers to this drill as the 13 inch drill, referring to the diameter of the post..... I think.

Bones

I found some info on the vintage machinery site. Looks like the 13 came with either a 4ft or 5ft arm. Can you see what the arm length is?

Well, I got to the ranch yesterday and did some measuring it is a nine inch column and it has a four foot arm . Sorry about the misinformation.
The milling machine is a Wells/Index Super 55.

Bones

Attachments

• 35A32821-2099-4723-8721-A03AB7EF8121.jpeg
    35A32821-2099-4723-8721-A03AB7EF8121.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Okay thanks. That’s actually better That it is a little smaller.

Yea, it’s big enough to get most jobs done, but not a monster machine. Best I can tell it weighs between 4 and 5 thousand lbs.

Bones

Yep! It’s heavy and it also has that block , which isn’t light!

Bones

I had this exact machine,Ex WW2 surplus ,mine came direct from the air force here (RAAF).....Its actually a Cincinnatti Gilbert ,the company is/was still in business ,and still had spares .....IMHO ,a good point was the speed range up to 1500rpm approx .....most radials are 500 or 600 revs for bigger drills.......The spindle is reversable ,but make sure the drive motor is running the correct rotation,or the stops on the elevation wont work ,and something may break......it will certainly jam up.(as I found out)

Back