CJ0618 Lathe Mini Lathe question/HF and others.

Steve-F

Registered
Registered
Hello, I was looking at a change gear set on Flea-bay, as I'm trying to improvise a set of them for my Emco Compact 8 which never had them. I asked the vendor what the width of the gears were and what was the bore diameter. I had carefully looked at all the information supplied on the site, and those values are not there, or I wouldn't have asked :rolleyes: ....so they replied with a paragraph of .....I should refer to the info on the site, RATHER than just answer my question with 2 numbers!:disillusion:

The site mentions the CJ0618 lathe and it's variants. Could I please ask any owner of one of these lathes to tell what the values are for the bore and width? I refrained from tell the Gent, tht maybe he should maybe go look himself as he is wrong!:dejected:

Thanks,
Steve

If you reach out to "littlemachineshop", which sells a set of metal gears for around $150, they should be able to give you the measurements for the gears.

Thanks Addertooth! It looks like 8mm thick and a 12mm bore. I can live with thickness but my bore would need to at 14mm, I guess that means I have some modifications to do ;)

You need to make sure that the gears will mesh with your existing gears as well.

Hi, I do happen to have designed and printed my 3D gears for my Compact 8. Maybe this information should help you :
  • Keyway height is 1 mm and 1 mm sides
  • Gears are 7.7 mm thick
  • Bore is 14 mm
  • Gear Modulo is 1.00
I have STL files for anyone wanting to print these.

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_051629.jpg
    IMG_20210312_051629.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 107
Excellent Fermic!!! I really appreciate your reply! May I take you up on the STL files please?

Attachments

• EMCO Gears CAD.zip
    2 MB · Views: 107
Back