Clamptite tool

rw1, thanks for the kind comments. After the usual dinner & gift exchange I started handing them out to the men and was making the comment about some ancient Chinese torture tool guaranteed to make any one speak their most secret thoughts. This comment got the women's attention for a few seconds!
All in all it was a good time. I had previously cut up some short pieces of one inch wooden dowel rod & had a roll of wire & several pairs of side cutters. We all sat around the table playing with our new toy I mean tool until the women folk started getting their dishes together to go home. It was really rewarding seeing everyone sitting there so intense on trying to make the perfect clamp. It was almost like we were sitting there playing the ""Make The Clamp" game.
Phil
I imagine a bunch of men sitting around making clamps, like a bunch of women sitting around quilting. The image makes me laugh.

You mentioned a print that you are working off. I know it has been several years, but can you share?

Great job. I've never seen one of there before, but by the video, it looks like a useful item in the toolbox. Thanks for the great build.

I bought a well made clamp-rite from an aircraft supply company, but the Clamps on garden hose fitting would no last to long. I did not apply enough pressure to them. I used SS saftey wire.
Mr. Pete222 on youtube found an old tool that locks like the awnser. Go to YouTube and search for "Make Your Own Wire Hose Clamps tip 555 tubalcain". Here is a link

Attachments

• TCc 203238.jpg
    TCc 203238.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 8
  • TCc 203503.jpg
    TCc 203503.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 8
Back