Classic 64 Chysler 300K Ragtop

pjf134

Active User
Registered
My daughter is picking up a 64 300K on Monday, been sitting for 5 years and is not to bad a shape. She might need some parts for it after we get into it some. Does anybody know of somebody that has these kind of parts? Gas tank needs flushed and maybe carbs, but it should run with just a little work, as it did run 5 years ago very well, it was my brother in laws, and since he died it's been sitting in his garage. Just trying to get a jump on some parts just in case we need some.
Thanks,
Paul

Hope you bought stock in an oil company. Those things aren't known for getting good mileage...

It's going to be a show car, it get's 26 mpg highway only. even with 2 cross ram 4's and 413 engine w/4 speed stick. We did check it when we rebuilt the motor awhile back. No getting crazy with it as it will take off good. At least it's still in the family since the late 70's.
Paul

HPIM0515.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^That's cool! 8)

I'd love to see some more pictures

Mileage is irrelevant on something like that, I'd assume it's not going to be a daily driver.

Last edited:
David,
It has not been picked up yet, tommorrow will be, but is going to the shop and put on lift for about a week to check it over, gas tank will be flushed out and other stuff checked out before starting it up since it has been sitting. My Daughter's boyfriend has classic cars and it will be towed to his garage to work on. My kid told me I will be busy for a couple of weeks working with him since I did work on it around 30 plus years ago. I will post some pics later.
Paul

hq308,
My kid picked up the 300K and everything is working fine now. The only new part it needed was the fuel pump, which I did know was bad since my brother-in-law told me the week before he died. She is entering in a car show on wed. (tomorrow) for the first time, but it still needs a little things gone over but it is drivable and running good for now. One new pic for now as I did not take any with my camera yet, just my wife's. The seats need redone and they are leather (original) and has some cracking, but no tears. They only made 300 hundred of these I believe, so the last time we checked was a long time ago there were under one hundred left.
Paul

64 Chysler 300k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there has really been a trailer on that ball. Probably could tell some good road trip stories. Nice car.

Tony,
Yes we did have a trailer on it a few times, a dirt bike trailer and a camper trailer when we went to the camp up north in the mountains. My daughter has to learn to drive a 4 speed stick now, but it seems the wrong car to learn on for sure. It will most likely go to car shows now, since her boyfriend has 13 classic cars and shows them. He does want the hitch off because it covers the antique plate.
Paul

Here in Texas, if your car is over 25, you can get a special plate that is a copy of the plates issued the year of manufacture for the car, and I believe the registration is good for 5 years. I guess they figure you won't be driving it all that much, like to shows and events mostly.

I remember trying to teach my wife to drive a stick in a little Mazda 626. Poor transmission barely survived. She gave up, and I didn't argue, since the car was getting abused. She still can't drive a standard. 43 years old.....auto only.

Back