Classic 64 Chysler 300K Ragtop

Tony,
Here in PA the antique plate stays with the car for life, unless unreadable then you still get the same number I believe. The classic plate is the same I believe, but the car has to be inspected once a year like every other car, the antique plate does not need to be inspected. If the car is after 1963 you can drive it after dark, but before that year it can not be driven. I think it is because of the generator in the older cars. I did try to teach my wife also, but clutches seem to be burning out, so I quit.
Paul

Cheers for the pic Paul, looking forward to seeing some more. :)

hq308,
I did find a pic of my daughter's boyfriend's dad's street rod, I hope you like it. It was from a car show I went to a couple of weeks ago. He is the guy standing next to the 300K in the previous pic.
Paul

HPIM0518.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more pics of the 300K and the street rod from a car cruse last night.
Paul

HPIM0521.JPG HPIM0520.JPG

Nice, I love the cross ram on the Chrysler, that's a sweet looking set up.

Last edited:
That is one really cool car you have there. I don't believe I've ever seen one of those in a convertible.

The car really is just a savings account, it will do nothing but go up in value now!

Nice car, thanks for posting the pics!

Mm

Mmfh,
There is not many out there, I have been trying to find out as I think maybe less than 100, since only 600 were made. I did talk to a lot of people at car shows and they never saw one, and these people go all over to car shows. Not bad for a $25 car 30+ years ago.
Paul

IMG00013-20110812-1310.jpg

author=pjf134 link=topic=2847.msg19756#msg19756 date=1311624850
It's going to be a show car, it get's 26 mpg highway only. even with 2 cross ram 4's and 413 engine w/4 speed stick. We did check it when we rebuilt the motor awhile back. No getting crazy with it as it will take off good. At least it's still in the family since the late 70's.
Paul

WOW! 64 300K--with a dual quad 413 AND a 4-speed!! Convertible!! WOW. That IS one rare car! I've been a Mopar fan most of my 61 years and have had several from the 60's and early 70's. I've seen a bunch 413 and 426 Max Wedge cars but never one of these! WOW!

I did check a couple of sites and found out how rare this car is. 625 300K convertibles made and between 115 and 125 know to survive. I have never seen another one like this as I know what it is, it does get a lot of attention everywhere it goes even in gas stations. People come up and say what is it and what year and say I never seen one like it.
Paul

Hello pjf134

The 64 Chrysler 300K is a nice car!! Take care of this survivor. Also, the car is convertible, which makes it even more sought. I have a convertible too. My car is a 68 chrysler 300 stage of project. Maybe in one or two years, i will begin to restore the car. A big job on the floor and the frame. I love this car!!!! About this car, 2161 built in 1968. Yours, take pleasure to drive an antique cars. It's always a pleasure to look heads turn when we drive on the road.

Greetings

Chrys300

Back