[4]

Clausing 1500 Variable Speed Fix

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

junk iron

Registered
My Clausing 1500 variable speed unit quit working about a year ago, and just got around to checking this weekend. Turned out the packing had gone bad. It has a small pump that the variable drive handle turns to pump hyd fluid to the reeves drive. It works like a car brake master cyl. It is held on by two Allen set screws - be careful when you loosen them, there is a spring and plunger that will fly out if you don't hold it.
Once it is off, remove two Allen bolts - again be careful because spring and piston will fly apart, remove the piston and you will see a hyd. seal and two o-rings. I went to our local hyd. cyl. repair shop today and they had the seal and o-rings for less than 10.00. I had searched for this problem or repair but search came up with nothing so I hope this will help if someone else has this problem. Thought about posting pictures after I had all ready got it fixed! Randall

TheArsonSmith

Registered
This is an old post, but thank you for posting this. Just got a new to me 1500 and while it all works now I am a bit nervous about the VS drive.

[6]
[5] [7]