Clausing 1771 Drill Press Restoration

I picked up a Clausing variable speed drill press from a Craigslist ad. I offered the guy $200.00 and he accepted. The drill press was in decent overall condition, and had a new motor on it. I disassembled the machine and cleaned up and painted everything. Mechanically, it was in very good condition, and the only real repair work I did was to straighten a few of the handle arms. One really nice feature is the table lift, which works great on that heavy table (btw: the table doesn't have a single drill mark in it!)
This is my second Clausing variable speed drill press. The first one is in my metal shop, this one will be in my wood shop.
dp01.JPG
dp02.JPG

dp03.JPG

dp04.JPG

Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

That thing is awesome! Great job and on price too! I would have bought it in 2 seconds at that price. A variable speed drill press is on my want list.

Paul

Hey guys- I have a Clausing 1672 drill press arriving by freight on Saturday. I am not sure I can easily move this beast. Since y'all have some experience with these how easily will it be to take it apart for moving? Can I easily pull the head off the column if I lay it down? Any other tips?
Thanks in advance
Robert

I had one years ago and sold it when I was in a financial pinch. I've regretted it ever since. Congratulations!

Back