Clausing 4900 Part Request

DNORM25

Registered
Registered
I am in the middle of doing a partial restoration of a Clausing 4914 lathe I picked up last month. I contacted Clausing for some miscellaneous parts that were missing, but two items I need are discontinued. Does any one have a good picture and/or some measurements of the reverse restriction plate part # 556-160 and the Feed control Bracket part # 041-195. so I can reproduce the missing parts? I have included pages from the manual for reference.

Thanks for the help,

David N

Attachments

• 4900 Parts.pdf
    485.7 KB · Views: 9
David,

I'm pretty familiar with the parts drawings situation of the Atlas machines. Basically, Clausing either still has Atlas parts available or if not, they have .TIF scans of the original parts drawings which they will email you or if you can't handle .TIF they will convert to .PDF and email to you. Call them and see whether or not the same is true of the Clausing parts. And report what you find back here. Note that you need to talk to someone in Tech Support, not in Parts.

A bit of Atlas and Clausing history... Atlas bought Clausing in 1949/1950 and soon afterwards changed the model numbers of all the Clausing lathes to 4-digit ones and the company name was changed to Atlas-Clausing. In the mid 1960's it was changed to Clausing-Atlas. Production of the Atlas 12" ended in March, 1981 and production of the Atlas 10100 6'' and metric 10200 6" ceased at about the same time. Sometime after 1981 the company name was changed to the current Clausing Industrial.

Last edited:
David,

I'm pretty familiar with the parts drawings situation of the Atlas machines. Basically, Clausing either still has Atlas parts available or if not, they have .TIF scans of the original parts drawings which they will email you or if you can't handle .TIF they will convert to .PDF and email to you. Call them and see whether or not the same is true of the Clausing parts. And report what you find back here. Note that you need to talk to someone in Tech Support, not in Parts.

A bit of Atlas and Clausing history... Atlas bought Clausing in 1949/1950 and soon afterwards changed the model numbers of all the Clausing lathes to 4-digit ones and the company name was changed to Atlas-Clausing. In the mid 1960's it was changed to Clausing-Atlas. Production of the Atlas 12" ended in March, 1981 and production of the Atlas 10100 6'' and metric 10200 6" ceased at about the same time. Sometime after 1981 the company name was changed to the current Clausing Industrial.
Thanks wa5cab,
I actually emailed the customer service rep that quoted me the parts I have already purchased and asked if drawings were availible. If I don't hear back in the next day or two I will call tech support and see what they say.

Thanks for the reply,

David

Back