Clausing 8520 $3600 (east of Sacramento CA)

It looks like it is in pretty nice shape, but agree the price seems high, about $1000 more than the usual higher end of asking prices for these.
I'm wondering if the Rockwell that was being offered for $3500 last week influenced the sellers asking price.

I think he wants to fully fund his Bridgeport, what’s wrong with that?

there are 2 of these on epay right now at 3K. a third is I think 2300. So with the epay 10% cut, the seller is only realizing 2700 or much less. I think its safe to say these are getting too spendy. I paid 3K for my Rockwell but it is nearly unused and has VFD. I knew I could find one for much less but wanted to put one to work not mess around with it. But 1 year ago I found a very nice 8520 on ebay that sold for 1500, I past up a couple Rockwells at 2000.

the biggest X factor is how to assess a mill if youre not local. In my case I called on the phone - even managed it on ebay- so I could get the details and a feel for the overall situation. The owners scared me away more than the mills. The one I ended up buying, the guy I could tell right away was an engineer and a straight shooter, knew his stuff and was friendly. From there you have to get a video of it starting up and running- just listen. That was my method. prior to finding my seller - I found a guy who could not take a video with his phone, not a good sign in 2019. one guy that would not cooperate with shipping "just come in a truck and get it". the cake taker was a guy on vaca in europe for a month but when he returned long after I had bought a mill he was non stop pestering me to buy one of his. With most big purchases I have found when you find the right one - you just know it.

I paid $1500 for my Millrite, in new and unused condition. (edit: just covered with dust) Keep looking...

Back