Clausing 8520 Mill gears and other stuff on link, hope this is a help

The way I calculate it using OD=(N+2)/DP or OD*DP= N+2 or (1.833*24)-2=41.992 (42) where N is number of teeth according to the formula in "Gears and Gear Cutting" book. Any problem with that if the OD is correct? So I believe the correct answer is 42 teeth for the larger 24DP gear.

Last edited:
Just a thought you could go to the web site I posted this from. I put the address on the first post. He may be able to give you more complete answers? Terry here maybe your guy? Here the wed site again I got the information from. Nice site.
[url]http://www.wentztech.com/metalworkin...ing-8520-mill/[/URL]

The way I calculate it using OD=(N+2)/DP or OD*DP= N+2 or (1.833*24)-2=41.992 (42) where N is number of teeth according to the formula in "Gears and Gear Cutting" book. Any problem with that if the OD is correct?

I found the gears required at MRO Supply. All gears are available. The gear in the picture labeled 24T with a 24 DP actually has 42 teeth.

image.jpg

This is great information! I've printed your post for future reference! ( I hope a long time in the future!!! LOL)

Thanks for all the help too.

I just purchased a direct replacement for the small 12 tooth DP32 gear that the fine feed wheel drives from Hub Hobby in Richfield, MN for 2.79! It is used on the Traxxas Radio Controlled car drive motor. It is part number TRA3942. Should save you some time and money. I also bought another with a larger hub that can be turned down to press into the 32 tooth gear, but it was 11.99.

I just ran across this post and was wondering what is recommended for a lubricant on the fine feed assembly?
Should I use any grease? If yes, what weight?
Or is it only oil, it has 4 oil buttons. And what weight oil is recommended?

By the way, great thread!

my manual says 20 wt none detergent.. ???? I used synthetic car engine oil. Why? Cold out and don't want it to get thick?? Think going to way oil on ways after I get mill all cleaned up? Rest mill will get best oil I can find.

I purchased my 8520 back in September, and it was missing all of the quill fine feed gears. I purchased and tonight just received gears from Stock Drive Products, sdp-si.com . Here is what I purchased:

24DP12T, 3 inch long pinion wire stock, #A1C29-N23012, $20.44
32DP12T, 1 foot long pinion wire stock, #A1C 9-N321012, $19.42
32DP32T, 3/16 wide, 3/8" bore, #A1C1-N32032, $10.08
32DP48T, 3/16 wide, 5/16" bore, #A1C-N32048, $13.95

They may require some custom shafts to make it all work, but I think it's do-able. I probably won't get to it for a few months, as I am quite busy on a remodel project at home and will be travelling quite a bit for work over the next couple of months. Anyway, just wanted to share some info on this source for gears.

Back