Clausing 8520

(Sorry for thread drift.) I currently have a power feed for my 8530, disassembled, in an effort to get it working. This one has never worked for me -- came with the machine. Is this what you're looking for?
Thanks for the reply. That appears to be the motor from an original feed unit. My understanding is they were not very reliable. I’m looking for pics of after market installations.

That motor has a pretty close resemblance to a windshield wiper motor. RPM out put may differ, mine drives my mill head about 6" per minute.

I would not let MT2 tooling scare me away from that Clausing mill if you are truly interested in a mill of that size. About the only thing that I cannot do with mine is mount a 90° head to it as there are none that are commercially available for MT2. I have collets up to 1/2", drill chucks, boring heads, fly cutters, a face mill, and a 1" stub arbor for horizontal milling cutters for mine and they all work great.

As for the 90° head, I was contemplating building one, and even have the plans drawn up, but never followed though with building one after I purchased my horizontal mill.
If i didnt have tooling for r8 or wanted to do a quick change tool system id take it in a heart beat.

How much are the mt2 to er collets? I already have er20s

Back