Clausing 8525 Mill

frankly2

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Wished I had one of these years ago !

Last edited:
For true, the Clausing 8525 is a handy little gadget.

The Clausing X-axis power feed unit has some detractors who will say it's fragile. There have been a dozen different aftermarket commercial units which can be modified to fit. One guy even did his own with an automotive windshield wiper motor.

jack vines

The Clausing X-axis power feed unit has some detractors who will say it's fragile. There have been a dozen different aftermarket commercial units which can be modified to fit. One guy even did his own with an automotive windshield wiper motor.

jack vines

jack vines
More than handy gadget, I’ve done some heavy production on this little mill swinging a 1/2” mill. I just would like to find a drive that is generic to this mill and, make it whole again ! This mill has a Brown and Sharp #7 taper spindle. I scraped both axis ways in when I had it apart moving it into the shop. It’s a very accurate mill now and repeats wonderfully, just would like to have more attachments for it.

Last edited:
Just for the good of the order, what is the going market price for the Clausing power feed?

I have two 8525s, one with power feed and one without. I'm going to sell one and want to price the one with power feed accordingly.

jack vines

Just for the good of the order, what is the going market price for the Clausing power feed?

I have two 8525s, one with power feed and one without. I'm going to sell one and want to price the one with power feed accordingly.

jack vines
I have no idea what the “going” price night be, but I know they are a rare find when in good condition. I would accept one in any condition if it’s all in one piece and the price was reasonable.

The Clausing X-axis power feed unit has some detractors who will say it's fragile.

I have heard this a few times but I gotta say, mine is still working just fine. The mill was built in 1966 and I'm the second owner. I've had it for 20 years..
IMG_1956.JPG

Oh,yeah, I use the power feed a LOT!

MK

I’ve only had mine about 6years, I’m also a second owner, but I don’t know how old the machine is. How can one find out? Who has the dates of production ?

Back