Clausing 8530

Brento

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have any paperwork or any tips or projects they have done on their mill? I bought one a year ago and have had it in storage due to house hunting. Now that we are settled i am starting to get things ready to bring it in and i would like to get some project ideas to get some chips flying to get use to the machine as well as long term projects people have done for it. Also can anyone tell me the size of the table and the T-slot sizes and locations?

Wow, be careful what you ask for- there's literally dozens of things you could make. For example, are you interested in model building or model engines?
Clockmaking? How about a chess set with aluminum and brass pieces?
M

Maybe start on some tooling projects that way you kill 2 birds with one stone by building up your toolbox while getting hands on experience with your machine. As for what kinda tools? I guess that depends on what you have, what you need and or think you will need for further projects!

Reactions: jcp
I have cutters and some tooling projects in the book to do. Was just looking for more from others to see what they do or anything that just went great with the machine like mods even.

The table is 6 x 26 and uses 9/16ths tee nuts.

Congrats on the house and mill Brent ! You still near home or did you get up into the mountains ? I'm still running 88 from Binghamton thru Oneonta if you need anything . Dave .

Back