Clausing/Colchester 11" (Colchester Bantam 2000)

Well, they are great little machines and $200 is practically free but if it needs parts they are very very expensive and honestly depending on which ones it needs could be nla and you would need to find used. That could take forever to never; again, depending in what exactly it needs. "Surface rust" can be fixed with elbow grease. What exactly is locked up?
Got any photos?

Thanks for the fast answer. I just keep looking at it right now. No pictures yet. I have tired to turn the chuck. just locked up. Have tired to move the controls and they are locked up also. No movement at all on anything. Only handle that I can get to move is the tailstock. I really just keep looking at it and wonder if it worth the time and money. It is a 3 ph with no vfd to it.
It will be two weeks before I can get pictures of it again. Will take a few and pass them on to you. Thank you for the response.
Also. I do have another lathe a G0709. I just been looking at it for a past time project.

As cheese king says. Beautiful lathe IF you don't need parts. Clausing will send you manuals and parts lists.

Thanks for the comments. Would you have or know who to contact at Clausing for the manual? (Email address)

You are much better off calling them. 800-323-0972. Ask for Colchester parts.

Back