Clausing Drills

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member

Not mine, but close by, let me know if you want me to take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow. just wow. I've never imagined a 3 headed drill press stand before. awesome.

wow. just wow. I've never imagined a 3 headed drill press stand before. awesome.
I saw a five-head walker turner on CL last fall. I guess when you really need five holes drilled at a time, that's what you do

Here is one of our three setups for cast iron drilling and tapping. Usually the drill heads are setup and left dedicated to a special purpose: tapping, low speed ops, high speed ops, countersinking, etc. Multiple heads drastically reduces setup time and the nice big flat tables are really designed to (in addition to supporting multiple heads) allow you to slide a fixture from head-to-head.

I've see people do that with a bank of cheap benchtop drill presses. I got the impression the walker-turners I saw (well, saw the listing for) shared a single drive.

Nice setup, btw. Maybe I should expand the shop to the other 3/4 of the barn

I already have a Clausing VS floor drill press, it’s the best. But, I don’t have a heavy duty table like the one those heads are mounted on. I would love to have it!

I've see people do that with a bank of cheap benchtop drill presses. I got the impression the walker-turners I saw (well, saw the listing for) shared a single drive.

Nice setup, btw. Maybe I should expand the shop to the other 3/4 of the barn

I wish it were my personal setup! This is a corner of the CNC Sheetmetal shop in the factory I run.

I already have a Clausing VS floor drill press, it’s the best. But, I don’t have a heavy duty table like the one those heads are mounted on. I would love to have it!

Yup basically a dead flat cast iron surface / combination chip tray. It’s a thing of beauty!

I wouldn't be interested in the drill presses but just the table. Looks like the seller is not selling that.

Keith Fenner uses one of these tables as his welding bench. IIRC his was a 6 gang drill press unit. He got it just for the table & sold off/gave away the drill presses.

Somone local here is selling a similar table (no drill presses) for $600. I'd love to have one but no room a bit steep for me right now.

Back