Clausing Kondia FV-1

shell70634

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm making room in the shop for a Clausing Kondia FV-1. I have an area about 6 ft by 8 ft near power. Is that enough? I have a larger area but would need to run electrical and I'm trying to avoid that. I've looked at it but wasn't able to get close enough with a tape measure.

6'x8' for a vertical mill is way more then enough room so long as your head space is adequate and your project material is smaller then those dimensions.....at least I would think so!

I have the same mill. Obviously you want room for the table movement, but don't forget to leave room in back of the machine to move the head back.

Picked it up today. Spent the last 3 hours cleaning. Cleaned so hard I knocked the paint off. At least it came with lunch in the sump.

It's serial number R-490, any idea when it was made? Are parts available?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making room in the shop for a Clausing Kondia FV-1. I have an area about 6 ft by 8 ft near power. Is that enough? I have a larger area but would need to run electrical and I'm trying to avoid that. I've looked at it but wasn't able to get close enough with a tape measure.
I’m another new owner of a Kondia FV-1. I think manufactured pre-Clausing. Serial number Y-548. Does anyone know what was the likely year of manufacture in Spain?!?

Back