Clausing mk3a pictures

Here is the chart. If I am doing this correctly it is attached as a PDF.

Attachments

• Thread Chart - Lathe(1).pdf
    10.4 KB · Views: 30
Looks OK except for one typo (Gross instead of Cross) and the note says that the cross feeds are 3/10 of what the longitudinal feeds are. Whereas the one uploaded last week said 3 times. I don't know which is correct but it can't be both.

Hi,
Glad you got thee chart!

Here is my 1945 model, the clutch brake does not work but I use my hand on te chuck.

Does nice work!

vvvvvvvvv.jpg

Looks OK except for one typo (Gross instead of Cross) and the note says that the cross feeds are 3/10 of what the longitudinal feeds are. Whereas the one uploaded last week said 3 times. I don't know which is correct but it can't be both.
The 3/10 is correct. Here is the good picture that 34_40 sent me. The gross vs cross typo I can change later and repost. It just really looked like a 'G', even though that didn't make sense. Being a newbie I figured there was some more terminology I needed to learn and just typed it like I saw it. Thanks for giving it a look over.chart_33.jpg

Barncat, I was in touch with the man who had the other plates made.
He was going to reach out to the folks that actually did the work, they haven't talked in "awhile".. so we might have made some progress, we'll see where it goes. More later - I hope!

And I see I forgot to grab the measures too! Darn!

Barncat, I was in touch with the man who had the other plates made.
He was going to reach out to the folks that actually did the work, they haven't talked in "awhile".. so we might have made some progress, we'll see where it goes. More later - I hope!

And I see I forgot to grab the measures too! Darn!
Thanks for reaching out!

Here is the revised PDF with gross changed to cross.

Attachments

• Thread Chart - Lathe.pdf
    11.5 KB · Views: 22
Barncat. I just now sent an e-mail to the fabricator of the data plate! So, stay tuned..

I know it was mentioned as to cost, I just asked the question myself. SO let me know what you'd think is a reasonable dollar value. You can do it here or if more comfortable, in a PM "conversation" I believe it's called here. You could even e-mail me direct mfmike1 at comcast dot net

I really don't know what I think a reasonable price would be. I guess it depends if making these is something that is easily automated or time consuming and done by hand. I know if the price gets up towards what some tooling costs, I would rather buy tooling with my money, as I have a limited hobby budget. It will be more useful long term. I am sure this didn't help answer your question at all, so sorry about that.

Nope, don't apologize, it's a question we need to answer. I have been in contact and there are quite a few choices. I'd like to do this in an e-mail as some of this is better handled one on one. Please e-mail me at mfmike1@comcast.net

Back