Cleaning my new to me gauge pins holder FAIL

I would cut thin strips of wood to fit under the label strips and then glue the thin strips with the labels attached to the space between the pin holes. this way you don't bother the pin holes and easier to fasten the strips to the styrofoam.
Dave

thanks, but not looking for a concours finish, just a useful protective finish.
Bill, I thought about that, but I don't want any gummy adhesive near the pins.
When ready to insert them back in, I'll be oiling each pin with 3 in 1 on a paper towel, and cleaning them using the 3 in 1.
Hopefully ready to go. I had thought about your advice before you gave it, and decided against it.. also it was a lot of work to slit each , or to remove a HOLE if I went that way. Since I'm a woodworker too, I took my moisture meter out, and am surprised that the moisture is low already.
maybe by tonight.. I am running a fan over it to get any moisture out of the styrofoam, because I had washed it.. and it appears to have worked, and helped the drying of the glue... but the glue is very thin strips.. so it should dry quickly.
I think the preferred pin coating is a lanolin coating-fluid film or LPS 3 are common lanolin based coatings. Fluid film has worked well for me(Lowes).
Always put the pins away using a cloth saturated in fluid film.

I think the preferred pin coating is a lanolin coating-fluid film or LPS 3 are common lanolin based coatings. Fluid film has worked well for me(Lowes).
Thanks, I saw that meyer used to sell a fluid. I didn't know what it was. I'll check that out. Do I need to remove the 3-1?

Thanks, I saw that meyer used to sell a fluid. I didn't know what it was. I'll check that out. Do I need to remove the 3-1?
prolly doesnt matter, but lanolin is fairly thin and not as slippery .I also place a piece of brown rustproof paper on top of the pins.

I am out of tha paper. I use it for my WW tools, I save silica packets to absorb moisture, and that will go into the box to absorb the moisture.
When I order new vci paper, I'll throw it in the box.

I wanted to thank you for recommending Fluid Film. I originally thought I'm good, but I saw project farm do a test on it. I picked it up and have been using it since. I just fixed a sticking Starrett snap gauge. It was sticking and I had tried twice to fix it. It now moves smoothly, which it hadn't with the other lubes.

At this point in time, it's been good to me after about 2 months of use.

Thanks.

Back