Cletus' PM-935TS-3PH Mill Log

Was a fun project, started it right after ordering the new mill, helped pass the time. Now it's a very useful device. :)

Now that the mill has been in use quite a bit and everything should have settled-in, I decided to check the table tram and tweak it as necessary.
Well, no tweaking necessary, both axes dead-nuts, spot on! ;)
I could not be happier with this machine!

Sep30 TRAM X.jpg
Sep30 TRAM Y.jpg

Looks like a cool tool, but how is it calibrated?

Edit - I am guessing flip 180 and look for the same reading to calibrate?

So, Here's the first component failure.
I'm in the middle of a commercial job and I could not get the R8 Collet / tool to eject. Took off the Maxi Torque Power Drawbar and found the threads have failed. Manufacturer suggests running at 90psi and adjust the strength from there. I found that to be a bit aggressive and from day one been running it at 80psi.
Sending Precision Matthews an email now outlining this issue. Hope we can get this corrected soon.

EDIT:
Looks like it frigged-up the internal threads in my Accusize 3'' Carbide R8 Indexable End Mill too! .....arrrrgh, CRAP!! :mad: Will try chasing it tomorrow with a 7/16 - 20 tap.
Just chased the threads in the R8 face-mill with the 7/16 - 20 tap, seems like I got lucky this time!
drawbar fail.jpg
drawbar pressure.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a cool tool, but how is it calibrated?

Edit - I am guessing flip 180 and look for the same reading to calibrate?
Yes, they even give you a little magnet that acts as a calibration post to do just that.

Oh Man, That's a bummer about the power draw bar and your Indexable End Mill. I hope PM helps you out.

On another note where did you get your spindle light?

I just had a nice conversation with Mike at the Tech Dept over at PM, they're sending me a new draw bar, as they may have in stock. He seems to think it was over torqued, I don't see how, cause the mfg suggests running at 90psi and I been running at 80psi from day one. Let's see how it goes.

What pressures are you guys running at??? ......maybe I should go down to 70 or 75?

EDIT
Replacement Drawbar on it's way via USPS. ;)

Last edited:
I just had a nice conversation with Mike at the Tech Dept over at PM, they're sending me a new draw bar, as they may have in stock. He seems to think it was over torqued, I don't see how, cause the mfg suggests running at 90psi and I been running at 80psi from day one. Let's see how it goes.

What pressures are you guys running at??? ......maybe I should go down to 70 or 75?
How long are you holding the button to tighten down? .5 to 1.5 Secs is what the manual suggests.

Back