Cletus' PM-935TS-3PH Mill Log

Thank you!
That’s our daughter. Wife is sitting quietly in the living room, ignoring me. They both think I’ve gone totally mad!! :)

Looks like all of your pre planning and prep work made the move go smoothly. Nice work.

Very little progress today as I had to go into the city on some errands. Got her on the base and leveled and also begun the electrical installation, got the VFD installed .......and the workshop is in a mess again! :)

Base Leveling.jpg
VFD Installation.jpg
Control.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work mounting the vfd and fabbing the remote control panel.

Starting to connect wires in a bit, here's the power panel. This was made in mere minutes on my Crossfire CNC Plasma Cutting Table:
Power Panel.jpg

Last edited:
There's some great quality work in this thread!

Where are going to put the magnet and pickup for the digital tachometer? Are you planning a vfd input switch on the spindle brake to stop the motor?

I'm using a halo light ring and hall sensor at the spindle nose. I have a 50ohm 500w braking resistor installed so I see no need for a sensor at the spindle brake. The spindle electronically brakes to a stop in 1sec when I switch to STOP. I wish the hall sensor could have been mounted internally on a shaft, but there's no easy way to implement such.

Interesting! I'll be waiting to see your execution of the light ring and tach magnet. Thanks

The light ring/hall sensor is well documented in the links below (there may be others). I simply followed that information. However, in the interest of expediency, I 3D printed the parts based on the given dimensions and will follow-up with machined 6061 parts at a later time.

Back