Cletus' PM-935TS-3PH Mill Log

Just used my "Jog Speed" to power-tap a bunch of M6 holes ........how sweet it is! :)

I'm going to experiment with a few of these too, although I believe they're generally frowned upon by machinists :laughing:

TapDrill.jpg

EDIT: I can certainly make use of these for some applications. I used one today to drill and tap some holes in 3/8" plate with the mill, worked just great, as I said, some applications.

Last edited:
Made up a single point, broach for CNC cutting internal keyways as per the info from Clough42. Works great, but I prefer just using it on the PM935 than on the CNC Mini-Mill. One more tool in the arsenal!
Every morning now, I wake up early, turn on the compressor (much to the delight of the neighbors) and try some new procedure on the mill. Lots of failures, many successes and lots of learning and fun.
Single Point Broach.jpg

Today's skill building projects.
Tried out my Shars Coaxial Center Finder and gave my HHIP 3" Boring Head a run. Both operations went well, a few minor mistakes to iron out in boring but it went as expected.

Last edited:
Nice, clean install, and getting the hang of making things. Lots of fun, keep up the great work. At some point you might look into a high resolution edge/center finder, I have a Haimer, but would probably recommend the Tschorn.

I have sets of english and metric drill n taps! Super handy for Aluminum things that are thin enough!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Been looking at those 3D Edge finders, I kinda like the Haimer. I see a Christmas present in my future! :)

EDIT
WOW!:oops: .......if you crash it and break one of those red ceramic "mechanical fuses", you're good for $44 worth of punishment. Man, they sure know how to extract the $$$ .....Will probably hold off on this for now, I'm good with the conventional edge finders. Darn it, I was all fired-up too!

Last edited:
Today's little project, tries out the Accusize Industrial Tools 3'' Carbide Indexable End Mill and finally leads to a Micrometer Stand.

Mic Stand.jpg

Mic Stand2.jpg
Mic Stand3.jpg

Last edited:
I’m and engineer, hence my complicated way of doing simple things :)
Here’s my revised Mist Coolant System, I really like how this is working out.

The diagram below speaks pretty much for itself. I am using a cheap Mist Generator from Amazon, common water filter as the coolant reservoir, combo air regulator and oiler and a 115VAC air solenoid valve with a remotely located switch.
Impossible to get “Cool Mist” or some such here in Trinidad and forget about trying to import it, so I have to resort to my own concoctions and the following is working well for me.
~30% Water Soluble cutting oil
~65% Distilled Water
~5% Isopropyl Alcohol

The mixture forms a light emulsion but over time it tends to separate with the heavier stuff settling at the bottom of the reservoir, hence the small aquarium air pump to keep things agitated/aerated and in suspension.
The rig is plugged into the switched outlets at the back of my mill.
The oil/water is a typical dilution albeit on the oil-rich side and the small quantity of alcohol creates a very low temperature when the mist leaves the nozzle.
The coconut oil in the oiler was left over from when I used coconut oil and pure alcohol in the reservoir for cutting non ferrous material. But fearing an explosion hazard, I have refined the system to this variant. I find this now works very well for both ferrous and non-ferrous cooling/lubrication when cutting.

mist system.jpg

IMG_20210920_110106.jpgIMG_20210920_110119.jpg

Last edited:
Back