• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Wagner. Nice work and keep posting.

David

Wheels
Wheels 001.jpg

Wagner, awesome. Not too sure how many machinists on this forum are interested in clocks, but I do appreciate what you are doing.

David

Frame
Frame 005.jpg

Thank you David, I will keep posting.

Forgot to put something to judge size. The frame is 14 in wide.
Not much progress this weekend, spent most of the Saturday raking leaves.

Wagner

Beautiful work. This is going to be really nice!
Robert

Wagner looks like lots of brass. Where do you obtain it?

David

Hi David,
Some brass from eBay, but most of the material from Midwest Steel (midweststeelsupply.com).
The most hard to find and expensive was the brass for the main wheel. Midwest allows for the exact quantity needed, so I've ordered a piece of 5" diameter round by 3/8" long brass 360. It was cut as almost 1/2" thick. Perfect.

Wagner

Clickspring on youtube has some great clockmaking videos, documenting his build on a skeleton clock.
A passion of mine also. I have joined NAWCC, but not looking to be mentored.... I may be to slow on the uptake, IDK.
My reason was to locate a qualified clock repairperson to rebuild an Elliott Grandfather movement.
Still waiting on the rebuild, getting funds set aside for it. Hoping in the next year or so to get that done.

Glad to know that there are people here in the group with the same interests though.
I got interested in machining because of another clock I have that needs a couple of gears made. To date I have not yet made the gears, but I have learned a heck of a lot in the process, so no complaints here... Picking up tooling and what not as I find deals.
That's half the fun of it too...

Just glad to be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back