• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd Arbor
2ndArbor 003.jpg

Awesome work Wagner. A lot of trundles in that lantern pinion. Don't think I have seen that many before.

Are you just using normal brass for all of the arbor pivot bushings?

David

Hi David,

The pinion has 20 trundles. The arbor pivots are bronze (sleeve bearings).

Wagner

Wagner are those pivot bearing / supports just sitting on pins, waiting to be properly depthed and secured with screws through the holes in the bottom of the bearing supports?

David

Yes, but the wheels need a little teeth polishing first, the pivots need polishing and the bearings a little touch with the broaches. Then the proper depthing and the bearing cocks fixed with a screw.

Wagner

Do you use straight broaches? Or tapered cutting broaches. This always brings up some controversy in my other clock forum.

The problem is the number of straight broaches.. or reamers as I would call them.. that one would need.

Looks awesome so far. Keep posting.

David

I will use tapered cutting broaches. I've got some from Timesavers.
Never used then, as for a machinist (amateur) then don't make much sense...
Reading a lot about clockmaking, I'm convinced about then now.

Wagner

Continues to look awesome. What type of suspension will you be using?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back