Clutch linkage redo

This is a street cruiser that will see the race track once a month, or so. I went a little overboard in the engine department. Nothing stock would live behind it, so everything behind it has been upgraded. Pretty much why I wanted to get into machining/fabricating. I got all of the header pipes bolted up(custom), of course there were modifications. The front inner fender skirts were adjusted, then the lower A arm box had to be clearanced. The spark plug wires fit without touching a pipe, and the ground clearance for the 2.250 pipes looks good so far.
Mr Harris that is an awesome track shot:cool 2:

0218181158_zpszqaclftn.jpg

0219181124_zpskkp8ingf.jpg

0219181130_zpsxzmpslp5.jpg

0219181159_zpsihnwoi9c.jpg

Aukai, I'll see if I can find a photo of one of the launches BEFORE we got the wheelie bars right!!

This one was not the really exciting launch! the first one (that I can't find right now) imagine one high enough to almost scrape the back bumper & lift the rear wheels off!

2008-06-04-1957-07.jpg

I'm hoping I do not get to experience a bumper ride. You might be a touch older than I am, unless you are nostalgia racing. Those were circa early 60s, my uncle was in the bay area then. He let me hang(babe sit I was 10) with him running around to different shops. I remember he wrenched for some road racers, and someone had a P 51 Mustang. He passed in 1967 KIA. A long shot I' m sure, but his name was Paul H. Foster

I apologize for the thread hijack, so last response - Aukai, I bought my 1964 Falcon Sprint in 1967 - raced it all thru high school. Above photos are from more modern times when there was some serious $$$ spent racing with friends - the car pictured is a friends from high school that he still races today!!!

No hijack I love to see the old iron. Show em if ya gotem

If that is directed at me, no I've been in Hawaii since 1956. I see Bakersfield, and Famoso in Mr Harris's pictures.

eugene13, Yep all three + Orange County raceway (now long gone), Sears Point and some out of state as well. but that was waaaaayyyy back in the late 60's and 70's. Now I just travel to Bakersfield once a year for the Nostalgia races! Went to watch a friend inducted into the drag racing hof (Cub Barnett - great engine builder) a couple of years ago.

Racing for me now is being part of a crew on a couple of Bonneville land speed cars for Speed Week each year.

The engine I have is from Laytonville Ca., Mike Lewis, he used to racer over there also.

Back