[CNC] CNC from sketch to part the way I do it

It has been a while since I have done any drawing in here so I took the time to record making a part for an old steam engine project I haven't worked on in about 4 years. I'd like to get this thing done and out of my shop but I burn out working on it from time to time. I probably first began this project 8 years ago.
this first video shows what the part will be and how I designed it.
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube_share;2lJefp80Vwo]

- - - Updated - - -

this video shows some cad corrections in Emachineshop and converting the drawings into g-code in D2NC
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube_share;Ipazd_GoXEY]

Last edited:
this video shows machining the profile on one side of the part, I didn't record everything
there are also pics of the part as the machining progressed;
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube_share;RZP6IOqbgzI]

DSCF1213.JPG DSCF1212.JPG DSCF1211.JPG DSCF1210.JPG DSCF1209.JPG DSCF1208.JPG DSCF1207.JPG DSCF1206.JPG DSCF1204.JPG DSCF1203.JPG DSCF1202.JPG DSCF1201.JPG DSCF1200.JPG DSCF1199.JPG DSCF1198.JPG DSCF1197.JPG DSCF1196.JPG DSCF1195.JPG DSCF1194.JPG DSCF1193.JPG DSCF1191.JPG DSCF1190.JPG

Last edited:
this is a photograph of the finished shaft coupling installed. I may rough it up a little to look like a cast part.
steve

DSCF1214.JPG

I haven't given up here I'm just trying to get my model done and out of my shop. it has been 6 years off and on. I would put it aside until my skills got better then start working on it again. I'm finally ready to finish it. Since I plan On giving it to the town where the mill is located I'm hoping to get locals there to donate a Glass enclosure and cabinet.
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php?t=6463&p=206763#post206763
steve

Something happened today I thought I would share with the group, in my e-mail I received a nice compliment and invitation From Emachineshop.com. They are asking others and myself who have made videos about Emachineshop on YouTube to assist them with short videos In their monthly Newsletter. I guess my videos weren't as boring as I thought.
That is really nice of them to ask me and I'll post my reply after I have spoken to them about what is involved.
Steve

" To:jumps42009
Hi,
We were happy to see your videos on YouTube featuring the eMachineShop free CAD software.
We are developing a section in our monthly newsletter showcasing those that have made YouTube videos using our software.
Would you be interested in becoming a showcased designer/machinist in our new section?
We are aiming for short videos that move quickly through instruction. So if you are interested, please reply back with a few recommendations for review. As an fyi, we will link directly to your YouTube channel.
Looking forward to your reply.
The Best,
Dawn
eMachineShop.com "

Steve, I have learned alot from your videos. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. I am very new to cnc and you have been a great help to me in learning. Thank you!

Something happened today I thought I would share with the group, in my e-mail I received a nice compliment and invitation From Emachineshop.com. They are asking others and myself who have made videos about Emachineshop on YouTube to assist them with short videos In their monthly Newsletter. I guess my videos weren't as boring as I thought.
That is really nice of them to ask me and I'll post my reply after I have spoken to them about what is involved.
Steve

" To:jumps42009
Hi,
We were happy to see your videos on YouTube featuring the eMachineShop free CAD software.
We are developing a section in our monthly newsletter showcasing those that have made YouTube videos using our software.
Would you be interested in becoming a showcased designer/machinist in our new section?
We are aiming for short videos that move quickly through instruction. So if you are interested, please reply back with a few recommendations for review. As an fyi, we will link directly to your YouTube channel.
Looking forward to your reply.
The Best,
Dawn
eMachineShop.com "

It's awesome that the software company wants you to do a short tutorial on their product! I need to go to the Youtube channel and check out the videos. I know you explained the modeling process better than I found anywhere else. This thread is what kept my interest in my little CNC conversion and helped the project progress. I was lost once I got ready to model until your thread.

Thank you from a CNC/CAD newbie!

Back