[CNC] CNC from sketch to part the way I do it

your welcome guys, I'm glad I can help
the good news is, I think I have resolved the video sound sync problem, the bad news is in this video I had to pause filming several times and when the video resumed about half way through the sound stayed paused. Thank you windows 7.
I didn't remake the video you can see what I'm doing.
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube;AXDp5xc2wbc]

Last edited:
your welcome guys, I'm glad I can help
the good news is, I think I have resolved the video sound sync problem, the bad news is in this video I had to pause filming several times and when the video resumed about half way through the sound stayed paused. Thank you windows 7.
I didn't remake the video you can see what I'm doing.
thanks for viewing
steve

Steve, this was great but I can tell you were running out of steam! So, more a reason to say thanks again. I thought of something that could save you some time when drawing lines that intersect at right angles. Just a suggestion, if this software has an option for "orthogonal", all lines will be drawn only in the "x" or "y" direction and you wont have to stop to adjust the angle.

Cheers, Frank

In this video I go into how to use the tools to draw and I keep crediting jpigg for suggesting I look for the tools. sorry jay it was frank that made me read the directions. :LOL:
this video also includes how to do cad drawing in a non mechanical way, there is a lot more to this form of drawing and it is very handy for the cnc router and plasma guys for sign making and such.
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube;iU-yvYA6nIk]

Last edited:
The making of the replacement rocker holder that fits in the top of the head is an excellent practical example of what can be done using CNC in a home shop with a mill, Mach3, and a chunk of aluminum.
It's likely stronger than the original too, which appears to be a casting.

M

Here is another video, this one goes into the d2nc cam software and then to mach3 with the drawings I have made in the previous video.
If anyone has anything to add, comment on, or critique please do. I'm not an instructor on any of these software's but that is probably why no one is doing this. they think they have to be. I make mistakes and find corrections... I hope this helps get someone else started.
If i'm learning by my mistakes I have to be a genius by now... lol
I get the impression from what I read that quite a few people think they need complete training on their cad, cam and operating software from a college or online course to do this and my point is for me it is easier to learn as I go.
A quote from Einstein I like is something like this " don't waste space in your brain memorizing anything you can look up "
If you have any ideas what to go into next, let me know, if there is none I guess I'm done for now.
thanks for watching
steve

[video=youtube;VXizFzP6rAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXizFzP6rAw[/video]

note: sitting in a quiet room and talking to yourself for an hour is a weird feeling, try making a video.

Thanks for the information about d2nc, I use a lot of different cad cam programs and I have found, for myself, that this program has a learning curve I could not get my head around but after watching this I think I can catch on to what is happening, so thanks a lot it really did help. I just joined but will now know where to ask if I get stuck.

this is video 13
steve

[video=youtube_share;ue_uGuSlV5s]

- - - Updated - - -

this is video 14
steve

[video=youtube_share;TEcC3_58Hm8]

Last edited:
this is video 15
steve

[video=youtube_share;-fgiFkYHOHs]

- - - Updated - - -

this is video 16
at the end of this video the g-code is completed to machine the top of the rockerbase I have been drawing
13,14,15,16 are full of mistakes and corrections but I get it done.
I don't normally have someone watching me do this, and me talking while trying to think about what I'm doing. It's not like chewing gum while walking.
steve

[video=youtube;17NORaYDzPw]

Last edited:
I know it must be tedious and, believe me, I've made a lot more mistakes playing around with eMachineshop than you have making your videos.
But I have to say there would have been a lot more without your tutorials so heres hoping you can stand to keep making them.
I have some other requests, but didn't want to put you into overload. Figured I'd wait until you were done with this series.
GREAT JOB !!!!!

after watching video 15 over again and rechecking my measurement's and code I found a few mistakes in the g-code for step four, cutting out the square holes and outside shape of the part.

I have also decided to not combine the code together, I'm going to leave it as individual steps so it is easier to review and locate problems.
steve

[video=youtube;6V7G2YqqS9M]

Last edited:
Steve: I finally got caught up with all of the videos. This is outstanding! Thanks for all of your work and please keep them coming.

Best regards,

Frank:))

Back