CNC Plasma Cut British Bikes - Added Some Paint

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I threw some paint on one of my plasma cut British motorcycle shapes. I can't decide if I like it better with or without.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 32
  • All Bikes 95 pct.jpg
    All Bikes 95 pct.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 47
I may have already asked this and lost track of the answer, but are you creating the artwork or did you find a good source for appropriate line art?

I may have already asked this and lost track of the answer, but are you creating the artwork or did you find a good source for appropriate line art?
I did it myself by manually tracing the lines on a photo of the bike in CorelDraw, and then exporting them as a dxf file. It was necessary to move things around so as to maintain at least .150" between lines and interior shapes. This is an involved process, but easier to do than it sounds. I can go into it further if there is any interest.

I did it myself by manually tracing the lines on a photo of the bike in CorelDraw, and then exporting them as a dxf file. It was necessary to move things around so as to maintain at least .150" between lines and interior shapes. This is an involved process, but easier to do than it sounds. I can go into it further if there is any interest.
Got it. A little tedious but you have done a great job, off of your cut outs look fantastic. Are you selling them or just making them for yourself and gifts?

I thought about selling them, but decided I don't want the hassle. I would say each bike takes about 3 to 4 hours of computer time. It's time-consuming, but more enjoyable than playing solitaire or computer chess. I work on them sporadically when I have nothing better to do.

The nice thing about CNC is that you only have to do the computer work once for as many copies as you want. I understand not wanting to make a hobby a business but if you change your mind, I doubt you will have much problem selling your cutouts, especially the motorcycles. Regardless, very nice work.

Painted two other bikes today.

Attachments

• black motor.JPG
    black motor.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ariel painted.JPG
    ariel painted.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 22
Gold Star gets some paint!

Attachments

• Yellow Gold Star.JPG
    Yellow Gold Star.JPG