CNC Plasma Cutting When You Have No Space

This was my first effort at a CNC plasma machine. It was a cantilever deal, with the material support table (not in the photo) off to the side. I used two weights out of an old grandfather clock to eliminate the backlash. Removed them for the photo. The computer was running DOS. That's a Hypertherm Powermax 800 plasma cutter with a machine torch.

Attachments

• 1st CNC plasma build 1998.jpg
    1st CNC plasma build 1998.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 43
Here's a 50% size Harley Davidson Fat Boy we cut out on a 4' x 8' machine.

Attachments

• fatboy_steel1.jpg
    fatboy_steel1.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 35
I also have a list of all the components, where I got them, and in most cases the part numbers. II'll try to dig that stuff up if anyone is interested.
I would be happy to share the specifics if there is interest.
I'd be very grateful for the list of components and any more specifics not detailed in this thread.

Turns out that it was the pantograph machine for which I had a parts list, not the CNC machine. Many of the parts for the CNC machine are described in this thread, although not the small stuff like nuts & bolts, etc. I started to create a set of plans, and got 19 pages into them. I have that PDF file, but it's 11 MB and probably too large to post here. If anyone can suggest how I might make the file available, let me know.

Turns out that it was the pantograph machine for which I had a parts list, not the CNC machine. Many of the parts for the CNC machine are described in this thread, although not the small stuff like nuts & bolts, etc. I started to create a set of plans, and got 19 pages into them. I have that PDF file, but it's 11 MB and probably too large to post here. If anyone can suggest how I might make the file available, let me know.
Thanks PM sent.

I didn't see any file size limitations under Downloads. I uploaded a Colchester manual a while back that was 6MB. Give it a shot and see what happens - unless you've already tried.

Back