Cnc Plasma table

rodburner

Registered
Registered
Placed an order last month for a new toy, now i hope i can operate it lol . See if i can post a pic as to what i am purchasing. I ordered it with an A80 TD. Told me it would be a 10 week wait and i am on week 3 [yuck i hate waitin on new toys] . Will post pics when i get it home. Its a Blaze HD 4x4 plasma table

zr4810_300 plasma.jpg View attachment 95139

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it looks like maybe i'll get to go pick it up late next week i'm hoping lol

Rod Burner
I have a Torchmate 4X4 and a Hypertherm 60 amp machine torch on it. It is a beast, an 80 amp unit will be awesome once you dial it in. Any plans for uses or just as a hobby machine for now? Mine was for hobby, but I make a buck or two from time to time for commercial guys. Don't forget to shoot pics of the build when it gets there.
Bob

Bob right now its just for hobby but hoping i could make a few bucks with it when and if i get to retire lol. Wife said get what i needed before i retire lol so i hit the net a running before she changed her mind lol. I'm hoping the td works as well as a hypertherm.

Well i'm back with an update to my new toy and some pics. Boy i tell ya the more i learn about this machine the more i like it. ok here's some pics of the machine and a few cutouts. Well i guess i gotta resize the pics of the table again

windspinners 010rs.jpg windspinners 012rs.jpg windspinners 007rs.jpg iphone pics 034 resize.jpg

So how long does it take for that grin to wear off? I know it takes an hour at least every time I fire mine up. The noise and smoke and sparks just make it all the more fun to me. I love watching a design just magically appear in a sheet of blank metal. The practical uses and commercial opportunities are really unlimited too. I hooked up with a local fence contractor and supplied him medalions and gate parts and he did all of the installation. I got paid and I had no risk involved in the install. I also plated and repaired Buckets and blades for a few local land clearing contractors. It was much thicker stuff, but way less finicky on a perfect edge and alignment. Hardest part of that whole deal was curving some of the plates to fit contours, but a good strong torch will solve most of that too. A torch and a hydraulic jack can do amazing things if needed.
Bob

I tell ya everytime i go out there and fire it up that grin lasts longer and longer the more i learn. Already sold a few pieces i cut out,haven't really went out looking for paying jobs for it but word is getting around that i have one,so we'll see what happens. I'm not giving up my day job just yet lol{boy i'd love to lol}. Gotta have income to pay for the toys. You know i really haven't had any issues with this table since i got it,it is performing wonderful,with the exception of the dummy operating it from time to time. I don't get that much smoke outta mine,the water table helps tremendously.

Back