CNC Plasma?

so so true... Never enough time when you need it, and always too much when you don't. There are so many little 'things' w/ plasma. I do get it. spend a day to dial in 1/4... then a 18gu sign job comes in... and poof. Horrible cuts all over again. Spend a day or more getting little accomplished.

...someone did suggest to me that anything but Hyperterm for torches is like that? I twas suggested I solve my woes and go buy a HT. I do not know if it is that simple, but I would love to dump my China import plasma rig for a new Hypertherm. Just no cash and no time of late. (Haas VF/4 rebuild going on).

so so true... Never enough time when you need it, and always too much when you don't. There are so many little 'things' w/ plasma. I do get it. spend a day to dial in 1/4... then a 18gu sign job comes in... and poof. Horrible cuts all over again. Spend a day or more getting little accomplished.

...someone did suggest to me that anything but Hyperterm for torches is like that? I twas suggested I solve my woes and go buy a HT. I do not know if it is that simple, but I would love to dump my China import plasma rig for a new Hypertherm. Just no cash and no time of late. (Haas VF/4 rebuild going on).

I've heard that the Hypertherm's are the way to go, Mine has a miller on it so no machine support, using a hand torch for now with a mount I made, seems to work. Thinking a Hypertherm is in the future but I need to get this thing working good enough to make some money with it before I spend any more on it... just to many other projects at the moment.

Do we have any users with cnc plasma tables? I bought one used that needed some help and every time I think I have it running it throws me a curve. Right now I'm trying to cut some 1/2" steel, I've never cut more than 1/4" so I ran some tests and got it working fairly good, not great but serviceable. the test was a 2" square and everything was working ok until I tried to cut the actual part... then it didn't pierce and boiled molten goo up around the tip and blew out the side of my last good tip. :(

I am no CNC guru! So take what I say with a grain. I have a 625 on order to replace my 375 X-treme. I am doing this because the newer 625s have an automation kit available for cnc use.......that being said......

You said that you were piercing the 1/2 inch plate if I read your post correctly, and your tip burned up? If so, the 625 X-treme is only rated to pierce 5/16" with the 40a consumables installed. Could this be part of your isue?

Back