• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Cnc shop, Work jeans smell bad.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

awaqa909

Registered
Registered
I have 3 pairs of jeans dedicated for work. Sometimes they get trashed, other days no so much. ...If I can, I wear them more then one day... They can get covered in a variety of things. Swisslube water/oil mix for the cnc machines, black stuff from welding, some materials have coatings on them. I wanna say they don't smell so bad before I wash them, but when I'm pulling them out of the washer, they just smell. I actually just tried running them though the wash twice, the 2nd time with way more softner. (smells good) I noticed, this last barrel of swisslube seems to smell like a perfume and I've never noticed that in the previous 2 barrels. Whats also strange is that when I first worked at this shop, I remember the coolant smelling unpleasant, now I can't really smell it, but it now (this barrel) smells like a perfume on and off throughout the day. All I know is it's Blazer Swisslube. I don't know if they bought a different variant.

I just want my jeans to smell good/neutral, what can I do?

Thanks,
Awaqa909

682bear

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Try adding some Borax to the washer... it seems to help.

-Bear

extropic

Active User
Former Member
I spray the stained areas (almost all over) with Spray & Wash/Resolve. It works for me. YMMV

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Try washing in warm water

rrjohnso2000

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
You can add simple green or citris degreeser

Doubleeboy

Active User
Registered
I get greasy and oily clothes between being a farmer and doing machine work. I take the offending clothes soak em in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and Oxyclean for a few hours then rinse and throw em in washing machine with other clothes. Takes out the smell and grease. If I spill diesel on my clothes I hang the clothes out side for a few days to let the smell dissipate then I do the above routine. Oxyclean is really good stuff.

[6]
[5] [7]