CO2 Model Engine

cascao

Active User
Registered
Here the little engine that I was working on the last month.

Nice project to learn how to deal with small parts and close tolerances.

[video=youtube_share;9NPIlDobM5A]http://youtu.be/9NPIlDobM5A[/video]

I liked the RC engine sound and how powerfull it looks beeing sooo small.

The plans were from David Kerzel from Floridaame

That's a great little project! Nice work!

Wow, that's very tiny. Sounds like it's gonna take flight ;)

I am digging it too. Should be able to swing a 5 or 6 inch prop with enough oomph to get a light 3 chanel sail plain off the ground and up to soaring altitude. How long will a CO2 cartridge last on it? That would be the biggest drawback carrying excess weight for a larger fuel cylinder. It is way cool though and doesn't look like it even vibrates much too. Have fun and don't forget the pics of the plane you put it into...

Bob

I have'nt knowledge in RC planes but there nice videos around if you find "Gasparin CO2 plane".
Looks like 1-2 minutes flying with one CO2 charge.

I have'nt knowledge in RC planes but there nice videos around if you find "Gasparin CO2 plane".
Looks like 1-2 minutes flying with one CO2 charge.

A lot of RC airplanes these days use high efficiency electric motors and rechargeable batteries. When you see videos of RC planes flying indoors, that is what they are using. The motors look like they are three phase AC.

Is that like the old Brown CO2 engines with a pin on the top of the piston that opens a check valve at TDC, so it can run in either direction?

Some people used 1 or 2 liter plastic soda bottles as a lightweight air tank for those...

Back