Coffee cup shelf

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
An absolutely urgent job that had to be done no matter what.
The grid that the cup sits on when making a coffee was chrome plated plastic. Considering the cost of Jura coffee machines ****** me off some what.
After 4 years of approximately 6 coffees per day that poncy plastic cover disintegrated and a new one from the maker was priced at $45 which I didnt feel like forking out for.
No worries, we all make stuff in a hurry for that really urgent job. and believe me this was very urgent as I cant function without that breakfast extra strong coffee.
I had a small bit of polished stainless sheet that would work so I made a paper template to check out the folds and cuts, transferred that to the sheet, cut it out and folded it up using angle iron sections cut to the inside lengths.
I drilled the holes at 4mm dia then drilled a 6mm dimple in a chunk of wood, using a M6 acorn nut screwed onto a bolt as a punch I dimpled all the holes.
Removed all sharp edges and the plastic protective coating and voila, my cut now can sit safely and be filled with rich fresh invigorating coffee.
coffee-shelf.jpg

Way back in the early days of CD drives in desktop computers, an end user called the service department to advise "My coffee cup holder won't come out." I don't know if that really happened or it was just the overactive mind of a tech. . .

Coffee is one of the four basic food groups; caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and pizza.

By the way, the shelf looks like a factory part. Primo. . .

Way back in the early days of CD drives in desktop computers, an end user called the service department to advise "My coffee cup holder won't come out." I don't know if that really happened or it was just the overactive mind of a tech. . .

Do you remember when the Coca Cola Gift was going around? Download for a free gift. It was just a harmless script, it put an icon on your desktop that said something like "Thank you for being a great customer, click here to get a free cup holder". When you click it, it opened the CD tray.

Back