Colchester 1965 Roundhead Lathe Restoration Project

Good news about my broken tumbler arm,it is being repaired.I am one happy camper,pics and links to come

Good afternoon guys,well finally cooler weather has come to the south part of Texas and I am so glad.It puts me in the working mood,so yesterday and today I finish the painting of the lathe bed and mounted it to the cabinet.Dang is this thing heavy,alot more than my 12" Sears Atlas.Next week I will start on the head stock but just an inspection,and a clean up then some paint.I was told that all is good on the lathe when I purchase it so I have no reason not to believe.Maybe next weekend I will be posting so pice of the head stock if all goes well.Thanks for looking and enjoy

DSC02716.JPG DSC02717.JPG

Good afternoon guys,have very good news about my tumbler arm.But first thanks to Brain Coral aka Brian for putting me in contact with Mec-Elecpro.Not only did he make the repairs but tested the weld just to make sure it holds and he posted the repairs on Youtube.For your entertainment purpose is a link to it
Thanks for following me on the repairs of my lathe and seeing first hand what a wonderful person Mec-Elecpro is.

Last edited:
After reading page 1, I browsed ebay.co.uk for you to see if there was a replacement tumbler handle... no such luck, BUT, good to see you got this repaired already!

PS, if it's still apart, do you mind posting a photo of your X-axis cross slide leadscrew and nut? Mine is 10tpi giving me a .200" direct-reading dial. My leadscrew nut is definitely not factory, just curious if the screw itself is. Thanks!

Adam I will do that,give me some time and I will get it posted

Guys look what show up in the mail today,does this look fantastic or what.Thanks to Mec-Elecpro I am now back in business,guys I can't even see a seam or feel one.It is perfect,guys he did this for the fun of it and just to help out.For a while my back was against the wall,I was at a loss,so thanks to him and Brain Coral for putting me in contact with him.----kroll

DSC02736.JPG DSC02735.JPG

Adam Not sure as whether or not you mean the main lead screw half nut or the saddle cross slide I can post some photos of the main lead screw and half nut if that would help

DSC02738.JPG Here's a pic of my half nut and as you can see its alittle on the used side,well used.If you should find a source keep me in mind.Haven't got to the cross slide yet. DSC02739.JPG

Good afternoon guys,well I have made some progress thanks to a fantastic man up in Canada who repair my tumbler arm.I just about finish up the gear box,but all that is left on it is the leadscrew.I put the cover on it just to help keep dust out till its time to install the leadscrew.Its going very slow but I would not have it any other way,my mistakes are less.Thanks for looking-----kroll

DSC02740.JPG

Back