Colchester 1965 Roundhead Lathe Restoration Project

Dang,I am so glad that you reply to my question.I had no ideal and I would have replace it with a steel dowel,I will have to take alook at the power feed.Its all apart for now but I will have to check it out,had no ideal about the safety feature.248 balls,I was going to order some O-rings but did not need a hundred of them.Adam what is it about my lathe that makes it the MK 1.5,I have no ideal what I have I just thought it was a student?
Adam thank you so much for letting me know,dang that was a close call for me.

Good afternoon guys,well its been awhile since my last post on any kind of progress which is very slow.Mainly due to having to locating some parts,making some parts,ordering some parts.It has been going very slow,due to other commitments.But I do get to work on it ever so often,I finally got my apron installed and I think I did it right.The cross slide is just setting on top,just for the pic till I make my next move.Now few days ago I did fire up the motor and switch speeds,so that works but no belts.Taking baby steps right now,thanks for looking.I am trying to make the pics smallerDSC02860.JPG DSC02861.JPG

Guys I forgot to ask,to the right of where the dial goes is my push button oil pump for the cross slide.Before setting the cross slide on I would push the pump button and only alittle oil will come out but it shoots up couple inchs.Its just squirts only not a flow,it does work but should it squirt out a flow of oil?It is pretty neat,I like it

Any chance I can see a picture of the cross slide screw and the pinion?

Yes sir,I will take some pics this afternoon

DSC02867.JPG Guys Chandler ask if I could post some pics and while doing so I though I would ask the question why the cross slide nut is split?

DSC02867.JPG View attachment 118688 DSC02865.JPG DSC02864.JPG

It is to adjust the backlash, there should be an allen screw or two which pull the two halves of the nut slightly closer together , so thyat you can adjust out the wear. Mine does not have one because I have the Mk1 saddle and apron.

Thanks Phil,I just could not figure out what it was for.I believe that I have the MK 1.5 which is what I been told.

Back