Colchester Chipmaster Restoration

I was referring to the type of threads for all the screws and bolts ( Metric, Whitworth BA ). I assume that change gears are needed for metric threading but just guessing. Dave

I was referring to the type of threads for all the screws and bolts ( Metric, Whitworth BA ). I assume that change gears are needed for metric threading but just guessing. Dave
AH... yes there is a whole list of fastener sizes in the manual. a mix of B.A. UNC UNF in a horde of sizes.

It will be no easy feat finding all the oil and grease seals. I sure wont be able to use a single source... Even Colchester spares lists many of the parts I inquired about as "obsolete"

So far I can only find the clutch housing oil seal from Colchester spares... so I have to due the overseas shipping thing. Here comes a delay

Last edited:
This will be continued here and once completed there will be a file available for download of the entire refurbishment and where I sourced everything and how I did everything exactly:

ever see the scenes in Saving Private Ryan, with soldiers looking down on their disemboweled guts on the ground?

This gave me a similar feeling of dread....

IMG_20221126_194712950.jpg

IMG_20221126_194733604.jpg

Back