Colchester Chipmaster

AJO79

Registered
Registered
Hi, does anyone have picture of Colchester Chipmaster, thread cutting joystick selectors lever cover? Part number 1487 in manual parts list. Lathe is Continental model, so it differs from Imperial. I have missing cover so, I think that I must make one. Real life pic at rear side and some dimensions would be extremly helpful. Yearmodel 1966, ser. nr. G3750, round top. Ari

AJ079,

The Forum that you had the request for a Colchester part in is specifically for reporting Site issues ---. NOT for looking for a part in. So I moved the thread to the Clausing Colchester Forum.

In 1949 or 1950 Clausing was bought by Atlas and for a time the badges on the Clausing machines were changed to Atlas-Clausing. In the 1960's the former Clausing hands must have gotten control of the company because at least some of the badges were changed to Clausing-
Atlas and later to just Clausing.

Sometime in the latter half of the 20th Century, Clausing either bought Colchester or bought the US rights to the name. I happen to know that even today you can still buy at least some new parts for the later Atlas machines. I don't know whether or not this is true of the Colchester ones but it is certainly worth a phone call. 800-323-0972 is one pf their telephone numbers..

All of the Atlas drawings were scanned as TIF's but if you don't tell them otherwise they will assume that you can't handle those and will convert what they send you to PDF. Let us know what you find out.

CJ5Dave,

Full access to Downloads requires Donor status (any level). Donations are good for one year and help offset the monthly cost of storage. (TANSTAAFL). Making a donation requires having a PayPal account. We used to accept checks and MO's but that turned out to be a lot of trouble. Click on the Donations tab at TOS for a chart showing what each increment of donation buys you. Note that neither we nor Xenforo wrote the Donations code. It was done by PayPal and has no provision for changing the donation level during the year. If you want to raise your level during the year. either you wait for the previous donation to expire or you donate the higher amount, but the code has no provision for giving partial credit for what you already paid. I mention that because access to Selling costs $25.00 per year. Buying is of course free.

Back