Colchester student rebuild and repaint.

hermetic

Active User
Registered
Send a message via MSN to hermetic

Colchester lathe strip and repaint
Hi guys, I have been keeping a low profile for the last couple of years whilst I completed the refurbish on my workshop. It has taken a lot longer than I thought, but life gets in the way of best intentions! I am now nearing completion and I am starting a you tube channel consisting of slideshows of what I have done, and in future, videos of what I am doing, and machines I am rebuilding and using. Hope you enjoy them, and please leave a like if you do, or even subscribe! I will be trying to put out a slideshow or video every week till I have cleared the backlog of still photos, and now I am using the GoPro to record more of what I am doing, things can only get better. Hope you enjoy!
Phil,
UK
https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Attachments

• IMGP2077.JPG
    IMGP2077.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
I can commiserate. Seems every time I'm going to get some quality time in the shop, yet another disaster of some sort or other rears it's ugly head. But as Sinatra said, "That's life". Just have to keep your head down and keep moving forward. Looking forward to checking out your sight. Cheers, Mike

Nice looking lathe and shop . :encourage:

Thanks for all the kind words, the shop has been a long haul! about 7 years in total, but half of it dates back to the 1800,s or maybe earlier, and the "new" half was built on a worn out shoestring in 1974!, so there was plenty of scope for improvement!. I have a little finishing off to do in the older half, like a shower to fit, and some kitchen units in the tea room, but the main workshop is finished, and as soonn as I get it tidy, I will be doing a shop tour video. Thanks for the likes and subs! mmcmdl, like the avatar! My cousins wife breeds rough collies in the same village where my shop is, www.wicani.co.uk
Phil
East Yorkshire
UK

the most intractable fault in roundheads of all sizes,even the biggies (17") is the leadscrew and 1/2 nut,close second is the leadscrew drive out of the gearbox,which needs a definite rethink to provide adequate lubrication to the thrust surfaces.......reversing the screw for LH threads put a particular load on the gears,and breakages often happen trying to do coarse LH threads.....Which is why the whole setup was changed for the Bantam ,to make it reliable.

Back