Cold hands but all fingers intact

Peacons

Registered
Registered
Drilling a few 1/4 inch holes in some 1/8 inch aluminum in the drill press.
Lots of spirals around the still rotating bit so a quick flick of the gloved finger to dislodge them...
WRONG!!!
Bit grabbed the glove finger and before you can say oh crap, yanked the glove off my hand and wound it around the bit.
Fingers a bit sore but the glove was trashed
20191203_103258.jpg
Guess this is why they say no loose clothing around rotating machines.

Bet you won't do that again . Consider yourself lucky it was aluminum . :finger wag:

I can see why. Unfortunately never had a shop education but common sense should have warned me that was a no-no.

There are plenty of threads on here regarding safety in the shop . You may want to read them . ;)

You ever have that alarm bell going off in your head or that premonition that tells you that this is not a good idea? I have, and I always listen to it and stop immediately so I can assess what I'm doing. Sticking a gloved hand anywhere near a rotating thing under power should have set your Spidey senses tingling! Glad you're okay.

Had my shirt ripped off my body by my lathe, got a whole new respect for the damage these machines can do in an instant. Never take chances, pay extra attn to what im doing dont allow myself to be distracted. I got luckly I only lost a shirt.

You ever have that alarm bell going off in your head or that premonition that tells you that this is not a good idea? I have, and I always listen to it and stop immediately so I can assess what I'm doing. Sticking a gloved hand anywhere near a rotating thing under power should have set your Spidey senses tingling! Glad you're okay.

Been there and almost always regret when I don't heed the warning. Some of the other voices in my head though are best ignored. :encourage:

Back