Collet chuck thread foul-up

Tuba Dave

Registered
Registered
I was so happy to find an ER25 collet chuck for my Maximat7 which has a 1-1/2x8 spindle thread, I could not buy it fast enough!

Unfortunately, I read the description so fast I did not notice it read "1-1/8x12" Chalk it up to a little dyslexia brought on by straining at my computer screen trying for months to find something that would work. Heck, all the right numbers are there, they are just not in the correct order.

I am waiting to hear back from the seller, but his auction description leads me to think he will not accept a return.

So how can I salvage this? Is there enough material left on the threads to re-thread it to 1-1/2"? Can a threaded sleeve fit in there, or do I need to make a threaded male-to-female mandrel? though this would increase the chance of runout.

Thanks for your help, keep the derision to yourself, I have already had enough from my own conscience (and wallet!).

Send it back, if from Ebay just start a return and choose "bought it by mistake"
If they give you any jazz contact your credit card company

Well, happy ending! The seller cancelled the order and refunded my money. I guess it had not made its way into the mail system.

He is emcohobbyshop and sells all sorts of Maximat and Unimat parts.

I can't give feedback because the order was cancelled, but I hope he won't mind a little plug here for his understanding and prompt reply!

Good on the seller Dave . :encourage: I see you're in Elkton , a stones throw away . :)

Back