Collet Sizes !!!

chip maker

Registered
Registered
Has anyone purchased the MT 3 collet set from CDCO and if you did do you know what size these collets are? I contacted Frank and he told me they were TG25 but can't for the life of me find this size anywhere. Went to a few collet suppliers and tried to get a size that matches and they don't seem to match up either. My be someone else has these and know the size, Thanks

I would guess that they used a proprietary taper to keep the monopoly on extra/spare/replacement collets.

Aren't MT collets and TG collets two different animals?

CDCO's web page lists 7 individual sizes of MT3 collets from 1/8 to 3/4” and one 7 pc set from 1/8 to 3/4”. I’d guess that the set contains one each of the individual sizes, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4”. But, that’s just a guess. You could probably call them and ask.

Tom

302.jpgThis is the set I was referring to from CDCO. Frank had told me they were TG25 but can't seem to find the size anywhere. The size of the collets are .9400 x 1.773 Looked thru the Hardinge site but still didn't find this size collet in their listings. Just seems odd that they sell sets but can't find any other collets to add to the holder style or other size collets to fit.

302.jpg

It may be better in the long run to get something that uses a more common collet like an Er. I use Tg collets at work they are pretty old so try looking on ebay.

Back