[How do I?] Collets

eric.grulke.79

Registered
Registered
So I broke one of the collets that came with my second hand mill, now trying to replace it.

Turns out what I thought was an ER32 collet is actually a Type B 50 collet, according to the dimensions as given in Machinery’s Handbook.

Anyone familiar with these and know where I can get replacements, preferably in Canada?

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Ken, I can't seem to find that product on their web site, how did you find it?

Thanks

MSC and Travers are two online sites that seem to have all the stuff we need and the good thing about them is they ship to Canada ,I know travers prices are in CDN dollars with a flat shipping fee, have not ordered anything from MSC but they are both well regarded here on HM.
I couldn't find that exact part you're looking for but either I didn't search hard enough or maybe the part # is different .

Thanks Ken, I’ve ordered involute cutters from Travers, quite happy with them. It may be that a phone call will facilitate my needs.

Eric

I will Bob, however I’m on the road until Tuesday, so that’ll have to wait.

Eric

73103dc1e8f94c566533f1ddcfa14e49.jpg

de5f044315b24ce124459ce29f71f912.jpg

The page out of MH is pg 971, 29th edition.

As you can see from the other photo, the length of the collet corresponds to a Type B 25 collet.

Does this help?

Eric

Back