Collets

aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
When I purchased my 9x42 turret mill it came with a set of collets. No ID on the case, but they looked like ER series, but what size. After searching various ER dimensions nothing matched up. So what do I have? Well it turns out I own a set of SYOZ 25 collets. Never heard of them, but I'm no expert in the field They work very well no complaints, no slippage good fit.
Just thought I'd pass this along a little info to those who may have the same.
s652035923668345946_p7_i4_w451.jpg

I have a collet chuck set that uses OZ25 collets. I agree, they work well. I acquire based on what is available cheap - my set came for free. The next machine came with TG100 collets and holders. The T&C grinder has an ER32 set up and I have 5C collets for the lathes. The little mill uses either U2 or SK40 collets and I've even got a couple direct into NMTB40 collets for the manual mill. The point being there are soooo many kinds of collets - as long as you've got a functional system - no reason not to keep and use them.

SYOZ 25 collets or better known on the other side of the pond or as Germany calls these collets DIN6388A have a 1 in 10 taper The 6 slot collets are exact fit are designated Type "A", The ones with 6 more slots from the other end have up to 0.5mm reduction in fit size DIN6388B Ortleib is one supplier of said collets

Back