Color codes for wires, inside RPC?

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Are there any color codes for the wiring in the RPC control panel, for instance between switches and relays?
I'm finishing up my 'upgrade' to my RPC from simple pull rope and flip a switch to a self-starting control panel. I'm trying to make it neat and clean, and just wonder.

It's pretty much up to you which colors you want to use
Use green only for grounds though, It's good practice
-Mark

I used white for the manufactured leg. That way you can avoid it for controls. If you need to reverse motor rotation, you can swap red and black, which should seem natural enough.

Color codes are like other standards; there are many of them and you can choose which one you like. I would suggest that you stick with green for ground and follow some pattern (whether it is one you made up or found) for the wiring.

I used white for the manufactured leg. That way you can avoid it for controls. If you need to reverse motor rotation, you can swap red and black, which should seem natural enough.

So far I have black, white, bare copper coming in as supply. My plan was black and white hot with red for the 3rd leg. Between relays and switches.....Still not sure. But I'll make it look neat.

in most places, blue denotes the 3rd leg of AC power
Red and Black being the other colors for the conductors.

Back