Colt Python pistol grips

phill05

Registered
Registered
Is anyone able to give me an idea where I might be able to get all the sizes of the above pistol grips please, or a drawing of the pistol showing all dimensions.
I have googled but can only find images I want to make a replica in wood.

Thanks for any help

Phill

You might get better help if you have a specific style of grips you are thinking about (posting a picture will help) as they can be anywhere from a "full sized whole hand grip" that completely enclose the tang to the "minimalistic conceal carry" style that are little more then Half a popsicle stick screwed to each side leaving the tang perimeter exposed and are made from Wood to Oyster shell to rubber and everywhere in between!

Sorry not up with firearms but here is an image that I was given.
I like the look of the longer barrel.

Phill

Attachments

• Colt-Python.jpg
    Colt-Python.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 24
If I can get the sizes of the grips I can workout the overall sizes from the images, started drawing a grip but not to size or shape yet, hopefully the finished ones will be cut in Burl oak.
Very surprised there are no dimensions to be found on the internet.

Phill

Attachments

• grip_1.jpg.jpg
    grip_1.jpg.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 13
  • grip_2.jpg.jpg
    grip_2.jpg.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 6
Gutta Percha, hope I spelled it right

Gutta Percha............. That's the stuff used for root canals. It is also mixed with Barium
Sulfate so the dentist can see if the gutta percha has flowed to the end of the roots of the tooth using X-rays
during the procedure. Also zinc oxide is added to it to make the gutta more pliable..........

Gutta Percha............. That's the stuff used for root canals. It is also mixed with Barium
Sulfate so the dentist can see if the gutta percha has flowed to the end of the roots of the tooth using X-rays
during the procedure. Also zinc oxide is added to it to make the gutta more pliable..........
Bat Masterson specified gutta percha grips (handles, he called them) on a gun ordered from Colt.

Gutta percha is an organic compound (tree sap) used before the invention of plastic.

Back