Combination sander table wanted

dpb

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a Rockwell / Delta 31-710 combination sander (12” disc, 6x48 belt). The table for the belt is missing, though it’s mounting bracket remains. Looking online, the table does not seem to be readily available. There are a few current sanders that look similar enough that their tables could possibly work, but I don’t know for certain.
I’m hoping someone here either:
A. Magically has a spare table.
B. Knows where I can buy a correct table.
C. Can offer some knowledge about other tables that would likely work.
D. Has the correct table, and would be willing to give me some dimensions, so I can make my own reasonable facsimile.
Thanks!
Doug

Doug:

I built a DIY 6x48 grinder based on Grizzly's design shown here. For a table, I purchased a Craftsman cast aluminum table, which is shown in the photo below.

I have an NOS table just like it, still in the package. If it looks like this table might fit your machine, I can get you measurements and additional photos.

Let me know if you're interested.

Good luck, Bill

Belt Grinder 1.jpg

Hi Bill,
It doesn’t look like the Craftsman table would fit, but the Grizzly G1183 you linked to looks like it might have a perfect table, and the part is available. Fingers crossed.
Thank you!

Excellent, Doug. Hope to see some pics when you're done!

I ordered the Grizzly table. The trunnion it attaches to looks identical to my trunnion, and the listed dimensions are workable. Here’s to hope!

Doug,
I have a Rockwell/Delta sander model 31-710. the heavy braced table # 406-03-091-2001----the mounting table mount # BS 207---does this sound like yours. the table mounts with three bolts. if so, I can give you measurements or maybe sell you my table if you have a price in mind. too bad we live so far apart. I can also send pictures if that would help.
Dave

Doug,
sorry, I didn't notice that you ordered one from grizzley already. if you are still interested in the correct table and can cancel your grizzley order I will sell you mine, and part it out.--Dave

Doug,
sorry, I didn't notice that you ordered one from grizzley already. if you are still interested in the correct table and can cancel your grizzley order I will sell you mine, and part it out.--Dave
Sent you a PM. Thank you.

I ended up using the Grizzly table. With not much work, it was a perfect fit. I rewired the whole thing, and the motor runs great. The only thing I’m still missing is the side cover for the belt. I have the original cover, but at some point in its past life, the belt wandered into it, and made it into scrap metal. Doesn’t seem to be necessary, in any case.
Sander runs great, I’ve already used it for a couple small things. I put on an 80 grit belt for aluminum, and a 36 grit wheel for wood.

Back