Comfortable and useful shop stool - do they exist?

Most of our stuff at work comes from eidos. Not cheap, but built for industrial use.

I have one but don't use it to sit on. At present, my 12 inch rotary table is parked on it. :)

I have two different style stools, one without a back and a bar stool swivel with back rest. Any time I can find a place to put what's on the stools I can sit on them.

Sent from my foot using ToeTalk.

Jim

I use a sit/stand stool I got from McMaster Carr, their #8225T62, rugged as hell and very adjustable, kinda pricey, but the coolest looking stool you will ever see. It also is a great stool for maintaining a semi stand-up position when playing an electric keyboard or other instrument where a more vertical position with some weight off the feet is desired.

I am fortunate that I now get to spend a lot of time in my shop. I keep a laptop on one of my worktables and have a stool there to sit on. The stool is fine for a few minutes but it sure isn't the gold standard! It puts my legs to sleep and after a bit, my butt hurts.

I have read some glowing reviews and reports on "tractor seat" stools and thought about giving one a try. Ordering stools is a shot in the dark at best and I have spent time on this search before.

Here is what I have but now wanting something better. Advice and experience would be appreciated.
View attachment 231519

Edit: here's the spot where I want a better stool.
View attachment 231527

I had something like that, then I remembered my hobby was cutting metal. :)

I took about 6 inches off each leg with a tubing cutter and that made things much better. If you want more comfort then that there is always the living room recliner. Mine is now perfect for an extended stay at the milling machine.

I use a sit/stand stool I got from McMaster Carr, their #8225T62, rugged as hell and very adjustable, kinda pricey, but the coolest looking stool you will ever see. It also is a great stool for maintaining a semi stand-up position when playing an electric keyboard or other instrument where a more vertical position with some weight off the feet is desired.
Here's a photo of Richard's chair:
upload_2017-4-22_13-21-34.png

Back